Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Light Troops for Marc's HYW English

Marc and I played a 335-point game of Impetus on Saturday night. It was a historic game in a sense in that it was the first time that Marc played without borrowing any of my collection. I was too lazy to give a full report of the game (which I won... just sayin), but I thought you guys might like to see some of his newer units.

These two photos show his two units of Breton Javelinmen. These minis are by Feudal Castings. You'll find them in the Feudal Welsh range of the site. Notice the wooden plank pattern on the shields.


Here we have Marc's second unit of Welsh spearmen. In the game, they function as FL with the Long Spear rule, making them particularly effective at neutering enemy cavalry. The bulk are Feudal Castings but, if you look closely, you'll see a couple of Khurasan Welsh Knifemen mixed in there as well.



When last I spoke to Marc, he had finished a unit of archers and was in the process of painting his final two elements - another unit of archers (for a total of six) and his third and final unit of Welsh Spearmen. Next time we play, we'll be back at our group's usual 400-point size engagement. I really can't wait. The group now has four players with fully-painted 15mm Impetus armies. It's a good time to be a geek.

Thanks for reading,
JET

7 comments:

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Very nice looking game and it must be nice to so many players at your club with full armies!

Christopher

Rodger said...

Very nicely painted units.

Hendrid said...

Yeah good looking game. Impetus seems to be the popular game in our group too with several having armies for the rules plus ones like me converting armies to use with them. Definately a fun set and good for the aethetics with big bases to show off the figures.

Unknown said...

ahhh les Bretons. We French don't like them, but we can't live without them. And during the Middle ages, they were very useful.

And those are very well painted

Bob Barnetson said...

Very exciting and nice to see you guys painting up matching armies.

BaronVonJ said...

Love your minis. I still can't wrap my head around the love for IMpetus. Just seems like DBA with some extras. I guess I need someone to explain to me.
-J
again, much love for the minis.....

Anonymous said...

Impetus does have nice basing. It allows for great dioramas like these.