Thursday, July 14, 2011

Workbench Update: Avar General

It's been a long hiatus for me but I'm finally back in the saddle (pun intended). Now that my painting area is unpacked and ready for action, I broke out the Avars and decided to paint this general model.


I know what you're thinking... what's with the pink? I don't know really. I just felt so confined by the rules of heraldry after painting my medieval army that this time around I wanted to go crazy. I may go back and get rid of the pink when the rest of the unit is done, or I may not. We'll see.

As for the disturbing lack of game reports, Summer so far has mostly been about board games, particularly Settlers of Catan and lots of two-player Twilight Struggle. So, the geeking is going strong, it just hasn't been in a very bloggable form. Now that I've found both my muse and my paintbrush, I hope to start producing at a reasonable rate again. Don't go too far.

Thanks for reading,
JET

4 comments:

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Nice paint job and good to see you posting again.

Christopher

Bob Barnetson said...

Wow, nice work! Such subtle shading on the horse's coat!

commissarmoody said...

I dont see any thing wrong with pink, Looks great on him. Its a nice off set for the green.

Sire Godefroy said...

At least in Western culture pink was the colour of male youthfulness for quite some time, since it's derived from red, the colour of adult warriors. So nothing wrong with it on historical miniatures in my book. ;-)

Really looking forward to the Avars. Judging from your usual standard and this figure in particular, it's got to be another great looking army.

Cheers
SG